Saturday, May 17, 2014

Card: Enjoy your special day

I needed to make a card for my mother in law, so we could send it on time for her birthday.
I started with a craft card stock cut to a standard A2 size card. I masked the borders with masking tape. Then I stamped a scene of flowers and leaves using a very old stamp set (Buzz and Bloom 2006 65) and Doodle Flowers by Inkadinkado, with Staz-on black ink.
Tenía que hacer una tarjeta para mi suegra, para poder enviarla a tiempo para su cumpleaños. 
Empecé con una cartulina craft cortada para hacer una tarjeta de tamaño estándar A2. Cubrí los bordes con cinta de pintor. Luego sellé una escena de flores y hojas usando un set de sellos muy viejo (Buzz y Bloom 2006 65) y  Doodle Flowers por Inkadinkado, con tinta negra Staz-on.
 Then I chose some pattern papers from the August 2012 Simon Says Stamp Card kit and stamped some of the same flowers I stamped on my card base, I wanted to do some paper piecing.
Después elegí unos papeles decorados del kit the tarjetas de Simon Says Stamp, August 2012 y sellé algunas de las mismas flores que puse en la base de mi tarjeta, quería hacer "paper piecing".
 I die cut some leaves using a new die I bought in the Nethelands, it's from Craftables.
I stuck some of the flowers flat on the card.
Corté unas hojas con un troquel nuevo que compré hace poco en Holanda, es de Craftables. 
Pegué algunas flores planas en la tarjeta.
 I used foam take to pop up 3 of my main flowers.
Utilicé adhesivo de foamy para darle altura a las 3 flores principales.
I stamped the sentiment and cut it out like a tag and attached it with some string. The sentiment is from Bo Bonny and the set it's called Sentiment Stamps.
I added a white frame, it came in one of the Ikea small picture frames and I didn't use it, I kept it because I knew this passepartout would be handy at some point. I let some elements hang out of the frame to give it more interest.
Sellé el mensaje de la tarjeta y lo corté como si fuera una etiqueta y lo pegué con un poco de cuerda. El sello es de Bo Bonny y el conjunto se llama Sentiment Stamps. 
He añadido un marco blanco, venía en uno de los marcos pequeños de Ikea y no lo usé, lo guardé porque sabía que este passepartout sería útil en algún momento. Dejé que algunos elementos salieran sobre el marco para darle más interés.
 And here is the result.
Y aquí está el resultado.
 We managed to sent it to my mother in law on time, well....it got there a couple if days late :(
Casi logramos que le llegara a tiempo a mi suegra...bueno, con un par de días de retraso :(
I hope you like it ;)
Espero que les guste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Me encantan tus comentarios.