Thursday, February 4, 2016

Class: Watercolor for cardmakers: intermediate techniques

I decided to take another online class with Online Card Classes, I love those ladies and I could´t resist  taking another watercolor one. I have to admit this is by far the best class I´ve taken with them, the quality and amount of information, ideas and inspiration are excellent.
It´s an intensive class as there was one week full of lessons, so I have been able to play along with my round of practice, but I haven´t been able to put together too many cards.
I finished the first two cards from the very first lessons, where the idea was to experiment with the materials we have, paints, brushes and the most important one: paper.
Me decidí a tomar otra clase online con las chicas de Online Card Classes, me encantan esas chicas y no me pude resistir a esta nueva clase de acuarelas. Y tengo que confesarles que es la mejor clase que he tomado con ellas, la calidad y cantidad de información e ideas es excelente.
Es una clase intensiva porque en una sola semana tuvimos un montón de lecciones, así que he ido practicando poco a poco pero no he tenido tiempo de finalizar muchas tarjetas.
Pude terminar las de las primeras lecciones, donde estábamos en etapa de experimentar con los materiales que tenemos, acuarelas, pinceles y sobretodo el papel.



On the first card we had to create a background using a simple shape repeatedly, experimenting with colors and water-pigment ratios. To assemble the card I stamped a sentiment on a patterned paper with a subtle pattern so it it wouldn't be too distracting, cut it into a rectangle and then I layered it on some hand torn vallum paper.
Para la primera tarjeta teníamos que crear un fondo pintando una figura simple repetidamente, experimentando con los colores y proporciones de agua y pigmento. Para montar la tarjeta sellé el mensaje en un papel decorado con un dibujo sencillo para que no fuera un distractor, lo corté en forma de rectángulo y lo coloqué encima de un pedazo de papel cebolla rasgado a mano.



For the second card we were supposed to experiment with a flat brush and take advantage of its shape to make a background with a geometric pattern.  I quickly put together a card as I liked the result of my colourful background. I added some cardboard hearts and a sentiment from a Tim Holtz stamp.
En el segundo proyecto teníamos que experimentar con un pincel plano y aprovechar su forma para hacer un fondo con figuras geométricas. Como me gustó mucho el resultado rápidamente armé la tarje agregando unos corazones de cartón y un mensaje de un sello de Tim Holtz. 

I hope you like it!
¡Espero que te guste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Me encantan tus comentarios.