Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Unicorn Birthday Card

 The project I'm sharing today is the card that I made for my niece who was turning six years old. I knew I had the perfect stamp set with this one that I got from Simon Says Stamp as a birthday present for me (the set is called: Magical Birthday), with a unicorn and a rainbow I knew it was a perfect match for a little girl, since she is not such a girly girl I decided to color the unicorn blue and green.
El proyecto que voy a compartir hoy es una tarjeta que hice para mi sobrina que estaba cumpliendo seis años. Sabía que tenía el set de sellos perfecto para el proyecto con éste que SimonSays Stamp me envió como regalo de cumpleaños para mí (el set se llama: Magical Birthday), con un unicornio y un arco iris sabía que era una combinación perfecta para una niña, pero como ella no es una chica de colores rosa decidí pintar el unicornio de azul y verde. 

I love making shaker cards and this was the perfect opportunity to make one, children love them! 
I started by stamping and heat embossing with silver embossing powder the unicorn and the rainbow, I stamped the images twice just in case I made a mistake but they both came out well so I ended up making two cards. 
Me encanta hacer tarjetas “Shaker” y esta era la oportunidad perfecta para hacer una porque a los niños les encanta.
Empecé por sellar y poner porlvo plateado de embossing para el unicornio y el arco iris, estampé las imágenes dos veces por si acaso me equivocaba, pero ambas salieron bien, así que acabé haciendo dos tarjetas.
 I painted the images with watercolor pencils and a paint brush, and after they were dried I added some wink of Stella are clear brush pen, they look really shimmery and sparkly when they catch the light.
The only difference between the cards is the hills that I cut out of some scrap patterned paper. 
Pinté las imágenes con lápices de acuarela y un pincel, y después de que se secaron añadí un poco de wink of Stella are clear brush pen, se ven muy relucientes y brillantes cuando les da la luz.
La única diferencia entre las tarjetas son las Colinas, que las corté de restos de papel estampado que tenía por ahí.

 The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and I mixed a little bit of colors, I did part of the sentiment with black distress ink and then added some clear embossing powder; the happy birthday part I did it with the same silver embossing powder I used for the images.
El mensaje también es del mismo conjunto de sellos, mezclé un poco de colores, hice parte del mensaje con tinta negra Distress y luego le puse un poco de polvo de embossing transparente; la parte de “happy birthday” lo hice con el mismo polvo plateado que utilicé para las imágenes.
 I'm really happy with the results and even more with my niece's face when she saw the card and started shaking it, and the best part is that now she's into unicorns and I didn't even know about it, that gave me extra credits ;)
Estoy muy contenta con los resultados y más aún con la cara de mi sobrina cuando vio la tarjeta y comenzó a moverla, y la mejor parte es que ahora ella está en la etapa que le encantan los unicornios y yo ni siquiera lo sabía, así que gané más puntos ;)
Have a great day!
¡Que tengas un día maravilloso!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Me encantan tus comentarios.